|Years of Experience||17 years|
|Education Level||Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering|
|Industry Acumen||Management, IT Auditing & Regulatory Compliance, Process Reengineering, Management Consulting|
Mr. Dany D. Villafuerte Fuentes has more than seventeen (17) years of experience assisting clients in the areas of utilities, insurance, healthcare, banking, government, distribution and manufacturing with expertise in Project Management, IT Auditing & Regulatory Compliance, Process Reengineering, and Management Consulting. Mr. Villafuerte has a Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering from the University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus. He also holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, from the University of Lima, Peru. Mr. Villafuerte is a Certified Information System Auditor (CISA). He is a member of the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) and held the post for three years of the Director of the Academic Relations and Private Corporate Liaison Committee of the Puerto Rico Chapter.
Summary of Key Project Experiences
Among his most significant experiences, the following can be mentioned:
Management of Revenue Assurance Program at PR Electric Power Authority (PREPA). In charge of a multidisciplinary team of senior consultants in order to define and implement a revenue program focused on re-engineering revenue (energy theft, uncollectable accounts, fraud, incorrect meter setup, early detection of errors in billing system, among others).
Management of Technology Transformation at PRDOH / Medicaid Program. In charge of eight (8) business process and technical consultants to design, implement and support multiple initiatives focused on Technology Transformation of PR Department of Health/Medicaid Program. Project management of the Medicaid Eligibility System (MEDITI) implementation, design and implementation of tools to support quality control, fraud detection and measure performance indicators (executive dashboard).
Management of Transactional Portal and Production Support at PR Housing Financial Authority. In charge of six (6) business analysts and developers to define, develop, implement and support a transactional portal. Portal is supporting critical governmental initiatives with financial institutions to promote the real estate industry.
Proposed and closed an Integrated Public Safety system for the Municipality of Mayaguez as an IBM partner. Responsible for creating the vendor selection mix and winning proposal strategy for IBM and Truenorth.
Management of Revenue Assurance Program at PR Aqueduct and Sewer Authority (PRASA). Program definition (goals and objective, organizational structure, program plan, resources and tools) in order to improve collection processes and identify new revenue opportunities.
Implementation of SAP IS-U at Puerto Rico Aqueduct and Sewer Authority. Project Management for implementation of SAP IS-U (Industry Standard for Utilities) modules to support all commercial activities. Planning, monitoring and coordination with multiple contractors in order to integrate internal and external systems. Supporting during definition of functional and technical requirements, construction, testing and deployment phases.
Implementation of the Cashiering System at Puerto Rico Aqueduct and Sewer Authority. Project management and monitoring of implementation of the cashiering solution for the commercial offices. Planning, supervision of client’ staff, monitoring and supporting during definition of functional requirements, development, testing and deployment.
SAP System Implementation at major product distribution company. Project Management associated with Organizational Change Management and Training & Documentation efforts. Planning, monitoring, risk management, supervision of client’s staff and budgeting of all corresponding project activities.
Reengineering of the Property Registry of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. Development of a new operational model and implementation of new processes and information technologies in order to transform and modernize the Property Registry.
Design and System Simulation of Customer Service Center at the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico Treasury Department. Development of the conceptual design and system simulation of a central customer service at the Treasury Department in order to facilitate and optimize department’s services.
- ERP system: SAP (R3 and IS-U), Oracle Customer Care & Billing, Oracle Financial 11i
- Office Applications: MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point
- Engineering Applications: Storm, Power Pivot, BLP 88, Minitab, MQPro, Mathcad, MS Visio, ErgoWeb, AutoCad 14, ACL
- Simulation Language: Slam, Arena v.8.0
- Programming Languages: Visual Fox Pro, Progress, Pascal,
- Relational Databases: Progress 7.0 v.8.0 v. (4GL) Rapid Systems Design
Education and Certifications
- ISACA International Conference & Digital Evidence Workshop, Mexico, June 2010
- Risk-Based Road Map to IT Infrastructure Controls, Boston, December 2009
- IT Governance, Risk and Compliance Conference, Orlando, October 2008
- Implementing IT Governance, ISACA, Monterrey, Mexico, October 2007
- Information Technology Audit Practices, ISACA, Baltimore, June 2005
- R/3 SAP courses of Material Management (MM), Finance and Controlling (FI/CO), Sales and Distribution (SD), San Juan, Puerto Rico, April-May 2005
- IT Project management, AMA, Washington DC, June 2003
- Agora System – CORPME, Madrid, Spain, November 2002
- Oracle Financial 11i, Caracas, Venezuela, October 2000
- System Manufacturing Division Award, Intel, P.R., July 1999
- Progress v. 8 System Design and Development, July 1994
- Master Degree in Industrial Engineering, University of Puerto Rico (AVG 4.0 points)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISA, 2004
- Industrial Engineering Bachelor, University of Lima, Peru